Friday, January 25, 2013

Baguio for the first time.. ;) last part...

continuation...


        Now, we are here in one of Baguios flower farm. Seeing those flowers freely grow in the rich soil of Baguio seems like heaven. Flowers bloom everywhere, you could actually lie down in that bed of flowers. 



             Off to the other part of the land, the strawberry farm, a very small plant but bears that red sweet fruit with a taste that almost you can’t compare. Good thing is we are allowed to pick our own strawberries from the plant itself.  Of course, I didn't waste any time, I took the small basket provided to us and chose a best spot to pick some of that red small fruit. After picking some strawberries, I went to the owner, had my basket measured by kilogram, paid the amount then the lady packed the strawberries. How I wish I could bring some back to Iloilo but I was told that it can easily be rotten especially if I travel it for hours. So I decided to just eat all of them. ;)







          And then for our last destination is the Lourdes Grotto, I guess we did save the best for last. It’s actually a Catholic Shrine that is considered as placed for worship of the catholic people, including me. You can reach the grotto by climbing 252 steps stairs built some years ago. Before I start climbing, I asked myself can I do this?  Then I saw these people trying to reach the top, an old lady, a child, a handicapped, if they can do it, why can’t I, right? So I bought 3 candles, and then started climbing. At first it was so easy, but right at the middle I started feeling tired, then my feet is aching, so I took a rest for a while. Then I started climbing again, but this time a little bit slower than before, then finally I reached the top sweating and panting for air but the feeling of reaching the top was amazing. It feels like I have accomplished something good with my life. I made a sign of the across, lighted my first candle asking forgiveness for all my sins, then followed by my second candle giving thanks for all the blessings, then for the last candle I prayed for a safe trip and good health of my entire family. Now, I’m heading down, well, going down is much easier and faster for each of us. ;)




           Now, my 3 days vacation in Baguio is over. I’m bound to manila again. What a trip right? Such a busy schedule yet so fulfilling vacation .. ;)



mmg...

No comments:

Post a Comment