Saturday, June 25, 2016

Majestic Siquijor...;)

        It took me more than a year to  write another blog, I was so busy these past few months that I never got the chance to update and share some of my adventures. Anyway, I will try to catch up with all those missed blogs. ;)

         So here we go, my trip to Siquijor.

        From Dumaguete City, I took a 1 hour ferry ride for the amount of 200-350 pesos (if I remember it right). A tricycle is waiting to take us to all the beautiful places of Siquijor. I contacted the driver ahead of time and made  a reservation, his name is Allan Buktulan, and a very good driver  (his number is 09166419570, just in case you want to contact him).  The tricycle can carry around 4-5 passengers, multicab is also available for bigger group or you can rent a motorcycle good for two for a lesser price.

        Our first stop, Balete tree. A huge tree, about  400+ years old and said to be the oldest and biggest tree in the province. You can also experience fish spa, just in front of the tree for a very small amount. Every tourist never fails to visit this place that's why sometimes, it gets crowded.

 Balete Tree...

Fish spa..


         Second stop, the Lazi Church. The church was under construction during my visit, but I was able to go inside. What makes this church different? its the floor. Its not our typical floor, its not even, not even flat, it has this style that makes it uncomfortable to walk but definitely one of a kind. Across the church, is the Lazi Convent, an old convent being preserved and made into another attraction for tourists.

 The Church..

 The floor..

Lazi Convent..

         Third stop, Cambugahay Falls. A very famous falls, that everyone is talking about. Actually, I have no plan going to this falls, but our driver wanted us to experience what its like to be in this place and he was right, this place is definitely worth a visit.


         Fourth stop, Salagdoong Beach Resort. Clear water, white sand, beautiful view and cliff diving is what this place famous of. For the brave ones, don't miss the cliff diving.

         We also visited other churches along the way, different beaches and resorts (wait for my next blog on the resort where I stayed)  and bought some "pasalubongs". 

Tips:
1. A lot of tourist and locals travel from Dumagute-Siquijor-Dumaguete, so I suggest take an early trip to avoid the long line.
2. Siquijor is a small town, you can see everything in a day.
3. No famous restaurants, so don't look for one. No malls either.
4. The place is beautiful and clean, let's keep it that way. ;)
5. ... and enjoy your stay...;)

...mmg

No comments:

Post a Comment